Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Blog Refocus

The New Year is upon us! And with the New Year comes change. 

In the past, I have written arbitrary posts about arbitrary things related to reading and writing. I lacked the kind of focus I needed to be both enthusiastic and deliberate about my posts. So, I've decided to focus on making this blog a place for readers of YA speculative fiction to go for recommendations of good books. If it turns into a community of readers who can bond over similar taste in books, that's grand! If not, then it will simply remain a resource for readers.

As a writer myself, I know how hard it is to write and publish a book and I therefore have the greatest respect for those who undertake such an endeavor. I will not bash books in my reviews. I will seek to be graciously honest.

To get an idea for my taste, take a gander at the sidebar where I list some of my favorites. For a more in-depth explanation of how I review, click on the "Review Style" tab.

The market is becoming increasingly saturated with YA novels. It seems that should make finding a good book easier. But, if you're anything like myself, it almost seems harder to find the kind of books you like. I hope that readers of fantasy, dystopian, and some paranormal will find this blog to be a useful resource for shortening their search for good books.



No comments:

Post a Comment