Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Writer's 777 Challenge

I have been tagged by the talented Maria Ann Green, author of IN THE REARVIEW, to participate in the 777 challenge!

The challenge is quite simple, really: open manuscript, scroll to 7th page, read until the 7th line, paste the following 7 sentences onto your blog for the world to see!

My 7 sentences are from my YA fantasy novel, THE THIRD QUIVER.

Why hide in the shadows?
The king peered past me toward the square I had just left, his expression shifting in a way that turned my blood to ice. It was the way that a father might look as he punished his son in hopes of guiding the child toward better behavior. It was the grim look of hard-dispensed justice. 
“You probably think me a harsh man,” the king said. 
Harsh? To call the king harsh would be a disservice to the word.


And that's all you get. Challenge completed. :)

2 comments: