Monday, February 10, 2014

Writing Playlist

I'm not sure if other writers have come across this, but I find that my writing playlist changes based on what genre I am writing. I suppose there's not much logic that goes into why some songs fall more into one category for me and not another, it's just a feeling. :) And most, if not all, can cross over depending on the scene you're working on.

Since I am working on both my fantasy novel and my dystopian novel this week, I thought I'd share a few songs from my playlist in each genre. 
If anyone has a recommendation for either of these genres or for an entirely different genre, please leave a comment! 

FANTASY WRITING  PLAYLIST:

Nathan Lanier: SAND and TORN

Hans Zimmer: Oh take your pick!

Lindsey Sterling: MOON TRANCE

Florence and The Machine: OVER THE LOVE and BREATH OF LIFE

The Piano Guys: Again, take your pick. Here's a good one for a sadder scene: ARWEN'S VIGIL


DYSTOPIAN WRITING PLAYLIST:

Florence and The Machine: SWIMMING and HEAVY IN YOUR ARMS

The National: ENGLAND

Lindsey Stirling: ELEMENTS

Lux Aeterna: REQUIEM FOR A DREAM


These are just a few ... anyone have any other recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment